[p2p-hackers] Xunlei

He Yuan heyust at gmail.com
Fri Dec 29 11:29:38 EST 2006

Yes. Xunlei broadens the capacity of uploading servers.
But I think the reason is NOT as you described, "the files are presented on
ADSL or modem machines".

As we know, those websites providing download services usually limit the
number of simultaneous downloading threads from a single IP address  (or
client), so that they can serve more users concurrently and avoid malicious
attacks. As a result, the speed of a user downloading a file from a single
server is constrained. Xunlei provides multiple servers to a user, thus
improving the parallelitiy.

On the other hand,  I think P2P content sharing is helpful to accelerate the
downloading process. But I am not sure whether it's practically enabled in
Xunlei.

heyust at gmail.com