[p2p-hackers] dht implementation

Kazuyuki Shudo 2008 at shudo.net
Thu Jul 31 09:59:41 EDT 2008

Hi,

> From: Tiago Vignatti <vignatti at c3sl.ufpr.br>
> Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 01:09:04 -0300

> Anyone could point me an (easy) implementation of a DHT good to use and
> adapt with another project?

My bookmark list contains the following implementations.
Some of them are research software and some seem to be maintained no longer.
I can say Overlay Weaver works because I am an developer of it.

It is good to have a directory of those software on the web.

  The Bamboo DHT
  http://bamboo-dht.org/

  Chimera, a Structured Pere-to-Peer Overlay
  http://current.cs.ucsb.edu/projects/chimera/

  The Chord/DHash Project
  http://pdos.csail.mit.edu/chord/

  FreePastry
  http://freepastry.org/FreePastry/

  JDHT: Java Distributed Hash Table or Java DKS Hash Table
  http://dks.sics.se/jdht/

  Khashmir
  http://khashmir.sf.net/

  Mace
  http://mace.ucsd.edu/

  OpenChord
  http://www.uni-bamberg.de/en/fakultaeten/wiai/faecher/informatik/lspi/bereich/research/software_projects/openchord/

  Overlay Weaver: An Overlay Construction Toolkit
  http://overlayweaver.sf.net/

  SharkyPy
  http://www.heim-d.uni-sb.de/~heikowu/SharkyPy/

Note that some BitTorrent, eDonkey and Gnutella clients have a DHT
implementation. You see columns named "Kademlia", "Kad Network" or
"DHT" on the following table and those columns mean having a DHT
implemnetation.

  Wikipedia: Comparison of BitTorrent software
  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_BitTorrent_software

  Wikipedia: Comparison of eDonkey software
  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_eDonkey_software

LimeWire, which was first a Gnutella client and now a multi-protocol
client, has Mojito DHT which is an original implementation of
Kademlia.

  Kazuyuki Shudo	2008 at shudo.net		http://www.shudo.net/